[January 07, 2016, 11:54:56 AM]

Re: Dropping by to say hi! by Steryystella
[January 06, 2016, 11:18:41 AM]

Re: Introduce yourself in this thread by VikiBoy
[January 06, 2016, 09:20:52 AM]

Re: CyberSpeed Unleashed - DONE (finally) by Mark Knight [TDK]
[January 04, 2016, 05:08:45 PM]

* Advertising Amazon

Author Topic: CyberSpeed Unleashed - DONE (finally)  (Read 27498 times)

Offline Mark Knight [TDK]

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
    • Mark Knight's Gamesounds
CyberSpeed Unleashed - DONE (finally)
« on: April 14, 2011, 09:09:31 AM »
It's finished..... After 10 years... yes, I actually started playing around with the first track, Cluffy Flouds, ten years ago.

All done, all mastered... and I'm not changing it now. That's been the problem. With no deadline, no reason to complete, I've simply not done it... but enough is enough, and CyberSpeed Unleashed (as I've decided to call it) has now been submitted to iTunes and other online retailers.

Not sure how long it will take to actually be available, but shouldn't be long (I hope),

m

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
Re: CyberSpeed Unleashed - DONE (finally)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:38:05 PM »
CyberSpeed Unleashed is now available to buy :)

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/marktdkknight2

Enjoy!

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 02:26:36 AM »
Now available on iTunes :)

Offline innersanctum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 01:25:04 PM »
great album mark i will defo buy it next week so what will you be working on next maybe duke nukem total meltdown album would defo buy that one aswell lol 8)

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 05:38:06 PM »
Well you know, I'm not quite sure. Duke could be one as I knocked up those 3 tracks quite quickly, but I also have a couple of albums of material laying around so they could end up being part of a couple of original electronic albums. Don't know yet. I'm happy to avoid the computer for a bit as we've just finished a busy project doing the audio for the new DiRT3 video game, which is out next month.

Would be good to get your thoughts on CyberSpeed if you do end up getting it :D

Offline innersanctum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »
hi mark well i finally got the new cyberspeed album today and all i can say is wow you have done an amazing job its a fantastic album well done. so cant wait to see what album you do next (i have just put your album into my mp3 player)  keep up the great work oh and one other thing i preordered duke nukem forever yesterday and i have listened to the new theme music its good but its too dramatic for my taste i prefer the old style theme i will defo let you know what i think of the game and the music in it  8)

Offline agentstarke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 02:18:30 AM »
Hey Mark, I just wanted to say that the remix album is awesome. I've been listening to it non-stop in my car. Definitely worth the wait. I think my favorite tracks would have to be "Super Ship" and "CyberSpeed Race 6" but really I like them all. I never skip a single song when I'm listening to it.

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 02:22:37 AM »
Hey Mark, I just wanted to say that the remix album is awesome. I've been listening to it non-stop in my car. Definitely worth the wait. I think my favorite tracks would have to be "Super Ship" and "CyberSpeed Race 6" but really I like them all. I never skip a single song when I'm listening to it.

Yay! Thanks :) I'm really pleased you think it was was worth the (extended) wait! I'm not sure I got the bass mix right in Race 1, but it's done now and that's that.

Thanks so much for buying it, I believe you're one of 6 people (sigh), but there we go. Please spread the word. Lol, I've finally released something ;)

Cheers,

m

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 02:28:07 AM »
hi mark well i finally got the new cyberspeed album today and all i can say is wow you have done an amazing job its a fantastic album well done. so cant wait to see what album you do next (i have just put your album into my mp3 player)  keep up the great work oh and one other thing i preordered duke nukem forever yesterday and i have listened to the new theme music its good but its too dramatic for my taste i prefer the old style theme i will defo let you know what i think of the game and the music in it  8)

Great! :) Thanks very much for the positive words. I think everyone who has bought it has enjoyed it. I never did this to make any money, it was always a pet project for me (and just as well, haha), but so far everyone who has listened to it has enjoyed it, which is great. My son, like agentstarke, loves Super Ship - and he's 3 years old. Something to do with me bouncing him on my knee in time to the track I guess ;)

DNF will be interesting. I'm waiting to see what they did with the music, of course. My Duke tunes either got really positive comments, or really negative ones (and I understand why).

I don't know what I'm going to do next. Probably a load of electronic tunes like the FortressCraft one. I have a drive full of ideas I need to complete - I promise it won't take another 10 years to complete ;)

Please spread the word on CyperSpeed. There's so much good music out there, it's a very small needle in a massive haystack! :)

m

Offline Apollo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 05:21:32 PM »
so wow, i forgot about this all since it was taking so long and i assumed it was gonna be free for YEARS but instead i see Mark sells it !? despite his earlier i never did this to make money talks, lesson to be learned for me, when Mark says he'll do remix album and not to make it for money, don't believe it. what was i thinking? oh well, hope it pays well for you ::)

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 06:28:42 PM »
That's hardly fair, but you're entitled to your own point of view.

As well as time I've spent a lot of cash on various audio plugins to get this up to scratch, and it would be nice to recoup some of that money back. The other route is piracy, and I'm not in to that. So, I stand by my comment that I didn't do this for the money.

I'm sorry that you've been looking forward to the album for so long, as long as it was free, and that I've wasted your time in the process since it's not.

If you ever change your mind and want to buy the album, please don't. I'd much rather you donated the money to charity instead,

m

Offline teegee543

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 04:48:22 AM »
Hey Mark! I can't believe you've done a remix CD of the Cyberspeed soundtrack. I loved that soundtrack when I was a kid and blew out more than one set of speakers with it at full blast. PLEASE release a lossless version (if you did a lossless remix) and I'll buy it immediately. Looking forward to your response.

Offline Cobbs

• Trombonist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 12:12:33 AM »
Despite this being released before I was even born, and that I have no recollection of ever playing this game, the soundtrack sounds amazingly familiar.

I'm confused, but I'll still pick up the album!

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 12:24:59 AM »
Hey Mark! I can't believe you've done a remix CD of the Cyberspeed soundtrack. I loved that soundtrack when I was a kid and blew out more than one set of speakers with it at full blast. PLEASE release a lossless version (if you did a lossless remix) and I'll buy it immediately. Looking forward to your response.

I can do this. I just need to clear some space on my server to upload it and give you a link to download. Buy the mp3s from CDbaby, and email me your receipt and I'll sort it for you.

It'll either be wav of flac, ok?

Cheers,

m

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 12:25:42 AM »
Despite this being released before I was even born, and that I have no recollection of ever playing this game, the soundtrack sounds amazingly familiar.

I'm confused, but I'll still pick up the album!

Interesting..... (although you make me feel old, haha). If you remember, please let me know. Perhaps someone's ripped me off again,

m

Offline teegee543

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 12:30:37 AM »

I can do this. I just need to clear some space on my server to upload it and give you a link to download. Buy the mp3s from CDbaby, and email me your receipt and I'll sort it for you.

Cheers,

m

WAV or FLAC (preferably) would be wonderful. Thanks!

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »

Cheers,

m

WAV or FLAC (preferably) would be wonderful. Thanks!

OK - I'll sort it. Thanks for the order. I think that's 8 I've sold now ;) Hope you enjoy it!

Offline teegee543

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 06:26:17 PM »
That's great - thanks very much for the feedback. I'll spread this a little if that's ok with you :)

Offline teegee543

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 06:29:31 PM »
Yep, feel free to use me as a testimonial ;)

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 02:31:10 AM »
Album is now available on Bandcamp for the not too expensive price of £4.99 - http://marktdkknight.bandcamp.com/album/cyberspeed-unleashed

Offline Sasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 01:28:35 PM »
Sorry for necromancy but I just wanted to say how awesome it is that you made this album.

I was thinking about those hilariously bad commercials earlier today and watched a few and started thinking about "man I really remember liking the music in this game  wonder if I can find it anywhere" sure enough, there's a remix by the original guy even! Man when race 5 kicked in at the start there it was like a wave of pure nostalgia.

So thanks again for making this man, brings back great memories!

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 01:00:24 PM »
:) Thank you. I'm glad I did the re-recording as the mixes were definitely an improvement. However, I feel I could improve them a lot more now (again) - such is the art of learning to mix music.

The adverts were always a lot of fun (better than the actual game imo) :)

Offline WilbertRobert

• View Profile
    • http://datesiteusa.com/
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 02:46:08 PM »
great news!

• Administrator
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 05:08:45 PM »
Thanks :) Been a busy boy thought, F1 2015, Overlord and D/Generation HD last year.